Free Accidental Death and Dismemberment Coverage (AD&D)
Deseret First has made $2,000 of TruStage Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance available to you. This no-cost coverage is fully paid for by Deseret First*. You must enroll to receive this free coverage by responding to a TruStage mailer, calling 1-855-612-7910, or visiting TruStage.com.
What is AD&D Coverage?
AD&D provides coverage for the following: life, limb, sight, speech, hearing, or thumb and index finger loss of the same hand. Coverage is for accidental death only and does not cover death from natural causes, so it should not be confused with life insurance. It does not cover death due to illness such as heart disease or cancer.
Can I purchase additional coverage?
Your no-cost coverage may not be enough in the event of a covered accident. Eligible members have the option of choosing from $10,000 to $300,000 of additional accident insurance protection at affordable rates.
Contributory Coverage includes the following additional benefits:
- Cost of Living coverage increases the amount of coverage every two years at no added cost.
- Hospital Benefit coverage could pay hospital expenses for you, your covered spouse, or a child.
- Doubled coverage if accidental death occurs while being a ticketed passenger on public transportation.
- Family plan can put an entire family under one umbrella of protection. Includes benefits for child care, college education and child savings fund.
- No medical exam required for AD&D insurance.
- Age 18 and older are eligible.
- 24/7 protection.
- Premiums deducted directly from Deseret First Account.
For more information on these benefits or if you have questions, visit 1-855-612-7910.or call
*Underwritten by CMFG Life Insurance Company. Limitations apply, see TruStage for details.