Having a checking account transaction declined due to insufficient funds can be costly and inconvenient. An Overdraft Line of Credit is a special service for Deseret First members who qualify.
How it works
- An Overdraft Line of Credit is essentially an emergency loan to cover overspending in a checking account.
- If an overdraft occurs, an advance is transferred from the line of credit to checking. Interest will accrue on the amount(s) advanced.
- Monthly payments are required for line of credit balances.
- Monitors the checking regularly to make sure a positive balance is maintained.
- Avoid being denied purchases at the register.
- Avoid unnecessary merchant fees.
- Avoid bounced checks.
- Avoid automatic payment declines (bills, utilities, etc.).
For questions or to apply, call 801-456-7000 or 1-800-326-3328 weekdays: 8am-7pm, Sat: 9am-2pm or visit any Deseret First Branch.