Every member of Deseret First has equal ownership in the credit union, making them both a member and an owner. A Membership Savings account establishes your membership and represents your share of ownership in Deseret First.
An unlimited number of special savings accounts can be opened to help with savings goals or budgeting purposes and can be named for their purpose ( i.e.: car insurance, missionary savings, etc.). These accounts can be managed online or in person.
- Great source of emergency funds.
- Allows for quick transfers to your other Deseret First accounts online or in person.
- Competitive interest rates.
- Free cash withdrawals from Membership Savings at any CO-OP or DFCU ATM (Debit or ATM card required).
- Make deposits at any of our 11 branches in Utah, or one of nearly 5,000 shared branch locations nationwide.
- Deposit accounts are federally insured by the NCUA up to $250,000.
- Membership and eligibility.
- Initial deposit and minimum balance: $25.00 (not required for Special Savings).
- ID verification.
For questions or to apply, call 801-456-7000 or 1-800-326-3328 weekdays: 8am-7pm, Sat: 9am-2pm or visit any Deseret First Branch.