Deseret First Credit Union would like to invite you to experience the difference of Deseret First. We value our members and the communities we serve.
Our Mission Statement:
Deseret First Credit Union exists to provide progressive and mutually beneficial products and services that foster the financial independence and well-being of its members within the LDS community.
Our Core Values and Guiding Principles:
- Provident Living: DFCU is committed to providing products and services that are in harmony with LDS values and principles.
- Freedom to Choose: DFCU provides each member with options to meet their specific needs and fit their respective circumstances.
- Community Partner: DFCU recognizes its responsibility to be active in the communities in which it is located, along with active support and involvement within the credit union community.
- Motivation to Grow and Learn: DFCU recognizes the responsibility to provide up-to-date education regarding the financial issues impacting its members, and is focused towards staff and volunteer knowledge and development.
- Integrity: DFCU staff and volunteers are committed to strict adherence to moral and ethical principles.
- Enjoyment and Fulfillment: DFCU staff is committed to fostering a positive experience to ensure members’ needs are fulfilled. DFCU strives to provide an enjoyable place for staff to work that fosters team spirit, enjoyment, and satisfaction.
- Professionalism: DFCU is committed to serving its members in a professional manner and recognizes its responsibility to be sensitive to each member’s circumstances and provide complete confidentiality.
- Progressive: DFCU is an advocate of improvement that responds to market conditions and opportunities that are mutually beneficial, and actively seeks feedback from members.
Credit unions in Utah like Deseret First are not-for-profit cooperatives owned by the very people we serve, members just like you. We seek the best return for our members. We do not exist to enrich a small group of shareholders. Our members also vote for a democratically elected volunteer Board of Directors; it’s democracy in action – for the people by the people!
Credit unions return earnings to members in the form of higher rates on deposit accounts, lower interest rates on loans, and low to no fees. Another significant difference of credit unions is cooperation and easy access. Credit unions cooperate with each other because we think everyone should be in a credit union, regardless of which one you choose.
Deseret First, like many other credit unions, participates in Shared Branch networks that allow members of one credit union to conduct transactions at other participating credit unions nationwide.
We also link our ATMs to help our members avoid costly ATM surcharges when using another credit union’s ATMs.
Deseret First Credit Union is here for you no matter where you go and what you do at each stage in life– from going to college, serving a mission, picking out your first car, or buying a home. No matter where life takes you, Deseret First Credit Union is here.
Follow these links to see the Credit Union Difference in action at Deseret First Credit Union: