Recovering your good name
Identity Theft Protection
Don’t think you need identity theft protection? Think again.Statistics show that 1 in 14 individuals will become a victim of identity theft. Rampant data breaches are putting consumers at great risk of identity theft. It can happen to anyone— regardless of your age and income, where you live, or how careful you are. That’s why Deseret First is proud to partner with NXG Strategies, who offers robust recovery solutions. Their recovery advocates stand ready to assist you. In particular, they manage the detection, investigation and remediation of identity fraud incidents.
Recovery Program Features
Restoring your identity on your own can be time-consuming and stressful. After a while, some people give up. This can leave them to contend with the aftermath of identity theft for years to come. Problems can include fraudulent bills, collections activity, damaged credit and even criminal records. But as your trusted community partner, we are not going to leave you behind! Whether protected by our complimentary coverage or through subscription coverage, DFCU will support you through the restoration process.
- Perform research to determine the extent of the problem
- Assist with the placement of fraud alerts with the three major credit bureaus
- Write letters and make phone calls on your behalf to dispute fraudulent information
- Coordinate with government agencies, financial institutions, creditors, etc. to resolve incidents
- Create and maintain a case file to document the identity theft
- Follow up with you after recovery
- Securely deliver fraud recovery documents including return instructions
- Use real time access to public records reports for further investigation where applicable
- Provide peace of mind and resolution of key issues from start to finish as swiftly as possible