Financial safety and security
What is LendShield?
Life is unpredictable. You may worry about unexpected events that would leave you scrambling to pay your bills. That’s where LendShield (Debt Protection) comes in to protect you against your debts. It can help relieve financial pressure in the event of death, sickness, injury, or involuntary unemployment. With LendShield (Debt Protection) you enjoy peace of mind that comes from knowing you and your credit rating are protected.
Call us today to get started: 801-456-7590
Already have LendShield (Debt Protection) and need to make a claim? Click this link and follow the instructions to submit yours today.Submit a claim
What does LendShield cover?
Who is eligible?
- short and long term closed-end loans (auto loans, RV loans, etc)
- open-end consumer credit plans (credit cards, overdrafts, etc)
- unsecured lines of credit
- home equity lines of credit
- second mortgages
LifePlus Details and Benefits
- Hospitalization covers a member if they’re admitted to a hospital for at least 48 consecutive hours. It will cancel 3 protected payments up to $3,000.
- In the case of death of the protected primary or joint borrower, LendShield can cover the loan balance.
- Accidental dismemberment provides coverage for external, violent, and accidents that result in the total irrecoverable loss of sight, a foot, or a hand. Coverage will cancel up to 100% of the protected balance up to $100,000*
- Terminal illness covers a member who receives a certified diagnosis of a terminal illness with a life expectancy of 12 months or less. It will cover 100% of the protected balance up to $100,000*
- Family medical leave covers an unpaid leave of absence from employment for at least 14 consecutive days to care for a family member as defined by the Federal Family and Medical Leave Act.**
- loss of life of a non-protected dependent provides coverage upon the death of a dependent that was claimed on tax returns in the past two years. This will cancel 3 protected payments up to $3,000.
- Helps you avoid financial hardship in times of death, disability, or involuntary unemployment.
- Protects your credit rating after unfortunate life events.
- Affordable premium included in your loan payment.
- Add or cancel at any time.
Already purchased LendShield through Deseret First?Call 801-456-7590 or 800-326-3328 for more information or to add or cancel LendShield.
Need to file a Claim?
Protection when it matters… We are here to help!
In your time of need, our claims process is quick and easy. If you elected payment protection on your loan, you can use this convenient claims process to quickly and easily file your claim for any of the following Payment Protection Products:
- Terminal Illness
- Accidental Dismemberment
- Family Medical Leave
- Loss of Live of a Dependent
- Involuntary Unemployment